Today, Valencia will play against Atletico Madrid at the Estadio de Mestalla. Both teams have lost recently and want to prove themselves in this match.
Valencia lost a disappointing 1-0 game to Athletic Bilbao last week. They have largely failed to meet expectations and are currently ranked 11th in La Liga. The home team will need to work hard in this match in order to bounce back.
Atletico Madrid lost 2-0 to Unai Emery’s Villarreal team in their previous game. They haven’t performed well in the League yet and need to step up their game this match.
Valencia vs Atletico Madrid H2H
|Atletico Madrid||3 – 2||Valencia|
|Valencia||3 – 3||Atletico Madrid|
|Atletico Madrid||3 – 1||Valencia|
|Valencia||0 – 1||Atletico Madrid|
|Valencia||2 – 2||Atletico Madrid|
Valencia vs Atletico Madrid form guide
Valencia’ last 5 games – WDWWL
|Athletic Bilbao||1 – 0||Valencia|
|Valencia||1 – 0||Girona|
|Valencia||2 – 1||Atalanta|
|Nottm Forest||1 – 1||Valencia|
|Valencia||2 – 0||Celta Vigo|
Atletico Madrid’ last 5 games – WWWWL
|Atletico Madrid||0 – 2||Villarreal|
|Getafe||0 – 3||Atletico Madrid|
|Juventus||0 – 4||Atletico Madrid|
|Cadiz||1 – 4||Atletico Madrid|
|Man Utd||0 – 1||Atletico Madrid|
- Atletico Madrid have won 23 out of the 63 games they played against Valencia. Valencia has won 20.
- In the last 15 matches between Valencia and Atletico Madrid in La Liga, neither team has won. The last time Valencia beat Atletico Madrid in league play was in 2014.
- In the Mestalla, Valencia won their last four games against Atletico Madrid out of seven. After this success, the home team failed to win the next seven games against Los Colchoneros.
- In the last two years, Atletico Madrid lost only 1 of the 14 La Liga games played away from home against Valencia teams.
- Atletico Madrid earned a 3-0 victory in their first Monday La Liga match against Getafe. Since then, they’ve only won one of their last five Monday league games.
- The Valencia league games at the Mestalla Stadium ended with zero goals allowed in both cases.
Valencia vs Atletico Madrid prediction
Here are what we think are likely to happen in this fixture:
- ATLETICO MADRID TO WIN @ 2.08
- BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE – YES @ 1.99
- TOTAL MATCH CARDS – OVER 5.5 @ 1.38