When Barcelona takes on Sevilla at Estadio Ramon on Saturday night, they will be aiming for their third straight La Liga victory.
The Catalans are coming off a 4-0 win over Real Valladolid, while Sevilla are coming off a 2-1 loss to Almeria in their last match.
Sevilla has finished fourth in La Liga in each of the last three seasons, and they were only three points behind second-place Barcelona in Spain’s top flight last season, but their form in the early stages of this season has been somewhat concerning.
Although it is still early in the season, Sevilla are currently 15th in the table, with only one point from three matches, which is certainly cause for concern as they prepare to face Barcelona.
Los Nervionenses have another difficult home game on the horizon, as their Champions League campaign kicks off next week against Manchester City at Estadio Ramon, and it is set to be an extremely busy period for the club.
Barcelona, meanwhile, had a disappointing start to the season, drawing 0-0 with Rayo Vallecano on August 13, but they have won their last two games convincingly.
Indeed, the Catalans defeated Real Sociedad 3-1 on August 21 before defeating Real Valladolid 4-0 the following week, with Robert Lewandowski scoring four times in his last two league appearances.
Xavi’s side has had an impressive transfer window and will be looking to compete for the major trophies this season, with their Champions League campaign kicking off next week at home against Viktoria Plzen.
Sevilla vs Barcelona H2H
|Barcelona||1 – 0||Sevilla|
|Sevilla||1 – 1||Barcelona|
|Barcelona||3 – 0||Sevilla|
|Sevilla||0 – 2||Barcelona|
|Sevilla||2 – 0||Barcelona|
Sevilla vs Barcelona form guide
Sevilla’s last 5 games – LWLDL
|Almeria||2 – 1||Sevilla|
|Sevilla||1 – 1||Valladolid|
|Osasuna||2 – 1||Sevilla|
|Sevilla||1 – 0||Cadiz|
|Leicester||1 – 0||Sevilla|
Barcelona’s last 5 games – WDWDW
|Barcelona||4 – 0||Valladolid|
|Barcelona||3 – 3||Man City|
|Real Sociedad||1 – 4||Barcelona|
|Barcelona||0 – 0||Rayo Vallecano|
|Barcelona||6 – 0||Unam Pumas|
- Sevilla FC and FC Barcelona will face off in La Liga on September 3rd, 2022. The last meeting ended as follows: Sevilla FC 1 – 2 FC Barcelona.
- These 2 teams have met 42 times in the last several seasons based on the data that we have of them.
- Out of 42 previous meetings, Sevilla FC have won 5 matches while FC Barcelona won 30. 7 matches between them have ended in a draw.
- Sevilla FC is in very good home form while FC Barcelona are performing average at away.
- Previous matches between Sevilla FC and FC Barcelona have averaged 3.45 goals while BTTS has happened 52% of the time.
- So far this season in the La Liga, Sevilla FC have averaged 2.5 Points Per Game at home matches and FC Barcelona 2.6 Points Per Game at away matches.
Sevilla vs Barcelona prediction
Sevilla’s defensive issues are a source of concern ahead of this match, and we’re finding it difficult to back the hosts to win. Barcelona has so much attacking talent, and we expect Xavi’s team to win three straight games in relatively easy fashion given the difficulty of the match, hence we go with the following pickings:
- BARCELONA @ 2.14
- DOUBLE CHANCE & MULTIGOL 1-5 – FC BARCELONA & 1-5 GOAL @ 1.76
- TOTAL CORNER HOME TEAM – OVER 4.5 @ 2.48