Real Madrid welcomes Barcelona on Sunday to the Santiago Bernabeu for the 284th Spanish El Clasico.
Real Madrid have been in flying form and have remained unbeaten since the start of the new season, while Barcelona have been struggling of late and are on the verge of being downgraded from the Champions League.
As the two sides prepare for the first Clasico of the 2022-23 season, Los Blancos are currently second in the division, level on points (22) with leaders Barcelona.
Madrid began the season with nine wins out of nine in all competitions, as if it were a seamless continuation of last season’s expectation-busting, double-winning campaign.
Their only blip in the LaLiga to date was a 1-1 home draw with Osasuna in early October, but they’ve since bounced back and kept their first clean sheet of the LaLiga season in last Saturday’s 1-0 win at Getafe.
So far, Barcelona’s risky summer spending appears to have paid off, with Xavi Hernandez’s side keeping pace with the European champions at the top.
Nonetheless, their draw with Inter Milan this week was crushing, knocking them all but-out of the Champions League and raising questions about whether Xavi is the right manager to take this team to glory.
The squad, on the other hand, is loaded with talents, and with Robert Lewandowski at one end and Marc-Andre Ter Stegen at the other, they’ve been effective in both boxes. They have the most goals (20) in LaLiga after eight games and the best defence, having conceded only one.
A trip to the Santiago Bernabeu will provide a better indication of whether they can compete for the title this season, as well as an opportunity to rebound from Wednesday’s draw with Inter.
Real Madrid vs Barcelona H2H
|Barcelona||1 – 0||Real Madrid|
|Real Madrid||0 – 4||Barcelona|
|Barcelona||2 – 3||Real Madrid|
|Barcelona||1 – 2||Real Madrid|
|Real Madrid||2 – 1||Barcelona|
Real Madrid vs Barcelona form guide
Real Madrid’s last 5 games – LLDDD
|Shakhtar Donetsk||1 – 1||Real Madrid|
|Getafe||0 – 1||Real Madrid|
|Real Madrid||2 – 1||Shakhtar Donetsk|
|Real Madrid||1 – 1||Osasuna|
|Atletico Madrid||1 – 2||Real Madrid|
Barcelona’s last 5 games – LWWLL
|Barcelona||3 – 3||Inter Milan|
|Barcelona||1 – 0||Celta Vigo|
|Inter Milan||1 – 0||Barcelona|
|Mallorca||0 – 1||Barcelona|
|Barcelona||3 – 0||Elche|
- The two teams have played 249 matches, Barcelona has won 97 compared to 100 wins by Real Madrid.
- Real Madrid have won five of their last six matches against Barcelona in all competitions – as many as they had managed in the 18 games preceding this run.
- Barcelona beat Real Madrid by a 4-0 score in March of this year. This was the first time they’d managed consecutive victories in El Clasico since 2019.
- The current season has seen Real Madrid record the most wins they’ve had at this point in any of their La Liga seasons. They won seven of their first eight games in 2011-2012.
- Barcelona have only conceded one goal in their eight La Liga games, which is the second lowest number of goals conceded among any point in the competition’s history.
- Previous Real Madrid-FC Barcelona matches have averaged 3.36 goals, with BTTS occurring 67% of the time.
- Real Madrid has averaged 2.33 points per game at home this season, while FC Barcelona has averaged 3 points per game away.
- In previous games between Real Madrid and Barcelona, the average score was 3.36 goals, of which the probability of BTTS was 67%.
- Real Madrid has averaged 2.33 points per game at home this season, while Barcelona averaged 3 points per game away.
Real Madrid vs Barcelona prediction
Barca will be eager to move on from the Inter loss, but it won’t be easy against a strong Madrid side. With both teams desperate for three points at this point in the season, I’ll take an entertaining 2-2 draw, hence we go with the following pickings in this fixture:
- DRAW – @ 3.62
- BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE – YES @ 1.51
- OVER 3.5 GOALS @ 2.43
*DISCLAIMER: Odds are subject to change
Bet on Real Madrid vs Barcelona with FrapapaBET
*DISCLAIMER: Odds are subject to change