RB Leipzig hosts Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga on Saturday at the Red Bull Arena. Dortmund could move up to top spot with a win over Leipzig this weekend.
The visitors could move to the top of the Bundesliga table with a victory, while the hosts who have only picked up five points from their first five matches, leading to them sacking their manager could revitalise their season with a victory.
RB Leipzig are in 11th place in the Bundesliga standings and have not been at their best this season. The home side suffered a 4-1 defeat against Shakhtar Donetsk this week in the Champions League and will need to bounce back in this match.
Borussia Dortmund, on the other hand, are in second place in the league table at the moment and have been impressive this season.
The Ruhr Valley giants eased past Copenhagen by a 3-0 scoreline in their last time out in the Champions League and will look to achieve a similar result against Leipzig.
RB Leipzig vs Dortmund H2H
|Borussia Dortmund||1 – 4||RB Leipzig|
|RB Leipzig||2 – 1||Borussia Dortmund|
|RB Leipzig||1 – 4||Borussia Dortmund|
|Borussia Dortmund||3 – 2||RB Leipzig|
|RB Leipzig||1 – 3||Borussia Dortmund|
RB Leipzig vs Dortmund form guide
RB Leipzig’ last 5 games – LWWLL
|RB Leipzig||1 – 4||Shakhtar Donetsk|
|Eintracht Frankfurt||4 – 0||RB Leipzig|
|RB Leipzig||8 – 0||FC Teutonia 05|
|RB Leipzig||2 – 0||Wolfsburg|
|Union Berlin||2 – 1||RB Leipzig|
Dortmund’ last 5 games – WLWWW
|Borussia Dortmund||3 – 0||FC Copenhagen|
|Borussia Dortmund||1 – 0||TSG Hoffenheim|
|Hertha Berlin||0 – 1||Borussia Dortmund|
|Borussia Dortmund||2 – 3||Werder Bremen|
|SC Freiburg||1 – 3||Borussia Dortmund|
- Out of 13 previous meetings, RB Leipzig have won 4 matches while Borussia Dortmund won 7. 2 matches between them have ended in a draw.
- RB Leipzig is in average home form while Borussia Dortmund are performing excellently away.
- Previous matches between RB Leipzig and Borussia Dortmund have averaged 3.46 goals while BTTS has happened 69% of the time.
- So far this season in the Bundesliga, RB Leipzig have averaged 1.17 Points Per Game at home matches and Borussia Dortmund 3 Points Per Game at away matches.
RB Leipzig vs Dortmund prediction
Here are what we think are likely to happen in this fixture:
- HOME OR DRAW @ 1.46
- BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @ 1.51