Later today, RB Leipzig and Bayern Munich will square off at the Red Bull Arena, with both teams vying for the German Super Cup.
Leipzig are competing in this competition for the first time after winning the DFB-Pokal last season, while Bayern are aiming for their sixth title in the last seven years.
On Sunday morning, Bayern Munich lost 1-0 to former manager Pep Guardiola and his Manchester City team at Lambeau Field.With only one win in their last four competitive away matches, Saturday’s visitors will be eager to snap their road form before the start of the new season.
RB Leipzig were humiliated in a friendly match against Liverpool on Thursday, which ended 5-0 in favour of the Premier League outfit.
Die Roten Bullen suffered their first defeat in five matches dating back to the previous season, and they will be looking to rebound in style.
With only one defeat in 14 official matches since the turn of the year, Saturday’s hosts will be confident that they can pull off an upset and win their second trophy in four months.
RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich form guide
RB Leipzig’s last 5- LLWDW
|21/05/22||SC Freiburg||2 – 4||RB Leipzig|
|14/05/22||Arminia Bielefeld||1 – 1||RB Leipzig|
|08/05/22||RB Leipzig||4 – 0||Augsburg|
|05/05/22||Rangers||3 – 1||RB Leipzig|
|02/05/22||Borussia M’gladbach||3 – 1||RB Leipzig|
Bayern Munich’s Last 5 – WWLDD
|14/05/22||Wolfsburg||2 – 2||Bayern Munich|
|08/05/22||Bayern Munich||2 – 2||VfB Stuttgart|
|30/04/22||Mainz||3 – 1||Bayern Munich|
|23/04/22||Bayern Munich||3 – 1||Borussia Dortmund|
|17/04/22||Arminia Bielefeld||0 – 3||Bayern Munich|
- Leipzig has scored 11 goals and conceded 9 goals in their last 5 matches
- 4 out of Leipzig’s last 5 games ended with Over 2.5 Goals
- 4 of Leipzig’s last 5 games ended in Both Teams Scored
- Bayern Munich has scored 11 goals and conceded 8 in their last 5 matches
- 5 out of Bayern Munich’s last 5 games ended with Over 2.5 Goals
- 4 out of 5 Bayern Munich’s last 5 games Both Teams Scored
RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich prediction
Bayern Munich are heavy favourites to win here. While we expect Leipzig to fight hard, we believe the away team will come out on top in the end, with the following pickings:
- BAYERN MUNICH TO WIN/DRAW @ 1.24
- CORRECT SCORE 0-2 OR 0-3 OR 1-3 -YES @5.05
- 1ST HALF – DOUBLE CHANCE & 1X2 FT -12/2 @2.60
- HIGHEST SCORING HALF -2nd @1.97