The Old Trafford will on Monday night be host to two old underperforming dinosaurs in Football this season in a Battle of the Reds.
The Red Devils, Manchester United have become an object of ridicule since the start of the new season having failed to secure a single point in two matches. They will clash with Jurgen Klopp’s Reds, Liverpool, who are still hunting their first win after drawing their first two matches.
This United team suffered a humiliating loss last time out away at Brentford. The first 10 minutes of the game was an awfully shocking display from the players, who made many individual and team mistakes.
These errors caused DaSilva to open the scoring just after 10 minute and Jensen doubled the lead for the home team in the 18th minute and Mee scored a third goal for them in the half-hour.
After that, Manchester United’s defence improved a little bit but they managed to concede a fourth goal.
Meanwhile, Liverpool were big favourites at home to defeat Patrick Vieira’s Crystal Palace. However, the visitors’ defence held strong and in the 32nd minute Zaha scored the game’s first goal against the run of play.
When the team needed to dig in and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, Nunez received a straight red card for serious foul play. This led to a gut-wrenching turn of events for the Liverpool players.
However, they were still in a position of strength despite Nunez’s red card and Diaz rode on that strength scoring a goal 61 minutes into the game to draw them level.
Will Ten Hag’s underperforming United rise up to the occasion when both arch-rivals reignite old flames of rivalry? Very unlikely but not impossible.
Man United vs Liverpool H2H
|Man Utd||4 – 0||Liverpool|
|Liverpool||4 – 0||Man Utd|
|Man Utd||0 – 5||Liverpool|
|Man Utd||2 – 4||Liverpool|
|Man Utd||3 – 2||Liverpool|
Man United vs Liverpool form guide
Man United’ last 5 games – DLDLL
|Brentford||4 – 0||Man Utd|
|Man Utd||1 – 2||Brighton|
|Man Utd||1 – 1||Rayo Vallecano|
|Man Utd||0 – 1||Atletico Madrid|
|Aston Villa||2 – 2||Man Utd|
Liverpool’ last 5 games – LWLDD
|Liverpool||1 – 1||Crystal Palace|
|Fulham||2 – 2||Liverpool|
|Liverpool||0 – 3||Strasbourg|
|Liverpool||3 – 1||Man City|
|FC Salzburg||1 – 0||Liverpool|
- Last time both teams faced in the Premier League, Liverpool won 4-0 at Anfield.
- Manchester United has won 89 out of 237 matches played against Liverpool; Liverpool won 80 matches.
- In the last eight games, Manchester United has only won one of their games. They have lost eight out of twelve games against their arch-rivals.
- Liverpool have won three consecutive Premier League games against Manchester United— their first since 2002. This is likely to be four wins in a row for the first time since 2002 against Manchester United.
- This is the first time Liverpool and Manchester United played against each other in the first three games of a season over nine years. The first match ended in a 1-0 Liverpool win.
- Liverpool hasn’t won a single Premier League game this season; they’re playing Manchester United, the first top-flight game without a win for both teams.
- Manchester United has lost two Premier League games so far and are on a losing streak.
- When Manchester United are at home, they perform averagely. However, Liverpool typically performs well when away.
- Liverpool and Manchester United’s previous matches each averaged 2.71 goals. Additionally, 53% of the time BTTS have occurred between the teams.
- In the Premier League this season, Liverpool has averaged 1 point per game and Manchester United 0 point per game.
Man United vs Liverpool prediction
Here are what we think are likely to happen in this fixture:
- LIVERPOOL TO WIN @ 1.67
- OVER 2.5 GOALS @ 1.53
- BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE – YES @ 1.57