On Sunday afternoon, top-of-the-table Arsenal will visit a resurgent Manchester United at Old Trafford in a renewed vintage rivalry.
After a 4-0 loss to Brentford on Matchday 2, United became the laughing stock of the league. Since then, Erik ten Hag has improved the team with three consecutive wins and brought significant quality to the Red Devils.
After the trouncing 8 days earlier, United earned Ten Hag’s era some life with a 2-1 win over Liverpool. They then won slim victories over Leicester and Southampton following the win against Liverpool.
Arsenal on the other hand, had another impressive performance on Wednesday night; they beat Aston Villa 2-1 in a game where they were clearly superior.
This win continued the Gunners perfect record to start the season, and it was helped by Sambi Lokonga who played exceptionally well in his first start.
The game was also played without Thomas Partey and Oleksandr Zinchenko, who were injured and absent from the lineup.
There has been a lot of confidence at Arsenal Football Club lately. A win on Sunday would prove a significant statement to the rest of the Premier League.
Rejuvenated Erik ten Hag’s Manchester United will be hoping to spoil Arsenal’s perfect start to the season at the Old trafford. Will this be a tall order for Man United or Arsenal will prevail on the day?
Place a bet on our boosted odds for our over and under 2.5 goals when Man United welcome Arsenal to the Old Trafford.
Man United vs Arsenal H2H
|Arsenal||3 – 1||Man Utd|
Man United vs Arsenal form guide
Man United’ last 5 games – LLWWW
|Leicester||0 – 1||Man Utd|
|Southampton||0 – 1||Man Utd|
|Man Utd||2 – 1||Liverpool|
|Brentford||4 – 0||Man Utd|
|Man Utd||1 – 2||Brighton|
Arsenal’ last 5 games – WWWWW
|Arsenal||2 – 1||Aston Villa|
|Arsenal||2 – 1||Fulham|
|Bournemouth||0 – 3||Arsenal|
|Arsenal||4 – 2||Leicester|
|Crystal Palace||0 – 2||Arsenal|
- Out of the 237 games between Manchchester United and Arsenal, Manchester’s team won 98 games while Arsenal won 86.
- Manchester United has only beat Arsenal in the same matchup last year out of their last eight Premier League matches.
- Arsenal has won only a single match out of their last 15 played on Manchester United territory away from home. This win occurred in 2020.
- Arsenal have lost more games to Manchester United in the Premier League than they have to any other opponent.
- In the last 16 games between Manchester United and Arsenal in the Premier League, only one game ended with a clean sheet. This happened in 2021 and ended in a 0-0 scoreline.
- Over 64% of matches between Manchester United and Arsenal have had both teams scoring. Additionally, matches between the two teams average 2.76 goals.
- Away games for Arsenal in the Premier League averaged 3 Points Per Game this season. Manchester United average 1.6 Points Per Game when they host matches at home.
Man United vs Arsenal prediction
Here are what we think are likely to happen in this fixture:
- BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE – YES @ 1.61
- OVER 2.5 GOALS @ 1.70