Neither Liverpool nor Crystal Palace got off to a good start in the new season, as both teams dropped points against their opponents. The two teams will face off against each other in the Premier League on Monday night.
Crystal Palace started their league poorly, placed 17th in the Premier League standings, they lost 2-0 to Arsenal in their last game, and will need to perform better this week against Liverpool.
Too much cannot be said about Palace’s performance as the odds were against them. The Arsenal men were on fire as they beat Crystal Palace. Martinelli put the visitors ahead after 20 minutes, and 5 minutes before full time Guehi scored an own-goal, making it 3 points for the Gunners. This was a different story than last year, when Palace won 3-0 against the same side.
Meanwhile, Liverpool who are currently 13th in the league table drew 2-2 against Fulham last weekend, losing two important points that they’ll need to make up for in this game.
Klopp learnt that facing a recently promoted side in the first few weeks of the season can be hard, as Mitrovic put Fulham ahead right after 60 minutes. However, Liverpool managed to draw level in the 64th minute with a goal from Nunez who had just joined the club. But Mitrovic scored again from the penalty spot in the 72nd minute to give his side a brief lead before Salah scored 10 minutes before the end of the match to make it 2-2.
Liverpool vs Crystal Palace H2H
|Crystal Palace||1 – 3||Liverpool|
|Liverpool||3 – 0||Crystal Palace|
|Liverpool||2 – 0||Crystal Palace|
|Crystal Palace||0 – 7||Liverpool|
|Liverpool||4 – 0||Crystal Palace|
Liverpool vs Crystal Palace form guide
Liverpool’ last 5 games – LLWLD
|Fulham||2 – 2||Liverpool|
|Liverpool||0 – 3||Strasbourg|
|Liverpool||3 – 1||Man City|
|FC Salzburg||1 – 0||Liverpool|
|Man Utd||4 – 0||Liverpool|
Crystal Palace’ last 5 games – LWDWL
|Crystal Palace||0 – 2||Arsenal|
|Crystal Palace||4 – 2||Montpellier|
|Crystal Palace||1 – 1||Leeds|
|Crystal Palace||1 – 0||Man Utd|
|Everton||3 – 2||Crystal Palace|
- Liverpool have a good record against Crystal Palace, having won 35 of the 60 games played between the two teams, compared to Crystal Palace’s 14 wins.
- Since they lost against Crystal Palace in 2017, Liverpool have won 10 matches in a row against the Eagles, scoring 30 goals in those games.
- Crystal Palace have lost nine of their 13 away Premier League matches against Liverpool and have lost their last five matches at Anfield in the league.
- Liverpool are undefeated in their first home league match of the season in each of the last 18 seasons and have won their last nine consecutive home league matches.
- Mohamed Salah has scored seven goals and four assists in his 10 Premier League games against Crystal Palace.
Liverpool vs Crystal Palace prediction
Here are what we think are likely to happen in this fixture:
- LIVERPOOL TO WIN @ 1.24
- MOHAMED SALAH TO SCORE @ 1.80
- BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE – YES @ 2.24