Germany Women are aiming for their ninth UEFA Women’s Euro title, but they must first get through a semi-final match against France Women at Stadium MK on Wednesday.
Germany has been in dominant form throughout the tournament, scoring 11 goals in four games while conceding none.
Following a difficult quarter-final match, the defending European Championship champions will look forward to Wednesday’s semi-final, where they will have the opportunity to maintain their unbeaten record against France at major tournaments.
Meanwhile, Corinne Diacre’s team have already made history by reaching their first European Championship semi-final, but they still hope to reach the Women’s Euro 2022 final.
France conceded in every group game, unlike their opponents, but their attacking prowess ensured that they advanced to the quarter-finals with minimal fuss.
Although France’s head-to-head record against Germany at major tournaments is mixed, the 1-0 victory in the most recent meeting between the two nations in June 2021 may serve as inspiration.
While Germany is aiming for their ninth European Championship, France is hoping to win a major tournament for the first time.
Germany vs France Women form guide
Germany’s last 5 – WWWWW
|19/07/22||Germany Women||2 – 0||Austria Women|
|12/07/22||Finland Women||0- 3||Germany Women|
|12/07/22||Germany Women||2 – 0||Spain Women|
|08/07/22||Germany Women||4 – 0||Denmark Women|
|24/06/22||Germany Women||7 – 0||Switzerland Women|
France’s Last 5 – WWWDD
|19/07/22||France Women||1-0||Netherlands Women|
|09/07/22||Iceland Women||1- 1||France Women|
|14/07/22||France Women||2 – 1||Belgium Women|
|10/07/22||France Women||5 – 1||Italy Women|
|01/07/22||France Women||7 – 0||Vietnam Women|
- Germany has scored 15 goals and conceded 0 goals in their last 5 matches
- 3 out of Germany’s last 5 games ended with Over 2.5 Goals
- 0 of Germany’s last 5 games ended in Both Teams Scored
- France has scored 16 goals and conceded 7 in their last 5 matches
- 3 out of France’s last 5 games ended with Over 2.5 Goals
- 3 out of 5 France’s last 5 games Both Teams Scored
Germany vs France Women prediction
Germany has been in excellent form across the pitch throughout the tournament, and we expect the record European Championship winners to win on their historic success to defeat France, with the following pickings:
- Multi Correct score – 1-1 / 2-1 / 2-1 / 2-2 @ 1.98
- Double chance and both teams to score – Home or Draw and Yes BTTS @2.47
- Home team to win either half – Yes @1.74