Chelsea welcomes Tottenham coached by their former Manager, Antonio Conte to Stamford Bridge in the new season’s first London derby.
The new Premier League season kicked off with a hard-fought 1-0 victory for Chelsea against Everton. Jorginho scored the only goal of the game as Thomas Tuchel’s men continued to rely on their impenetrable defence, which looked even more solid with the addition of Kalidou Koulibaly in the backline.
Chelsea will face Tottenham in an exciting local derby next, and fireworks are likely to go off when these two teams meet. Thomas Tuchel will have a full roster to pick from for the derby.
Although Spurs have not won against Chelsea in the last seven games they’ve played at Stamford Bridge, they did manage to beat Southampton 4-1 in their opening match.
Harry Kane will still be the Spurs goal scorer despite not scoring a goal at the weekend, while Oliver Skipp will continue to sit out due to injury.
Chelsea will try to keep up their good record against Tottenham when the two teams meet at Stamford Bridge. The Blues have not lost to them in recent times.
Place a bet on our special odds boost for Chelsea and Tottenham as they rekindle an old rivalry. Given the contrasting performances of both teams in their first matches, do you think there will be over or under 2.5 goals? Bet on our over and under boost for the London derby.
Chelsea vs Tottenham H2H
|Chelsea||2 – 0||Tottenham|
|Tottenham||0 – 1||Chelsea|
|Chelsea||2 – 0||Tottenham|
|Tottenham||0 – 3||Chelsea|
|Chelsea||2 – 2||Tottenham|
Chelsea vs Tottenham form guide
Chelsea last 5 games – LDWWW
|Everton||0 – 1||Chelsea|
|Udinese||1 – 3||Chelsea|
|Chelsea||2 – 1||Watford|
|Chelsea||1 – 1||Leicester|
|Chelsea||5 – 6||Liverpool|
Tottenham last 5 games – WDWLW
|Tottenham||4 – 1||Southampton|
|Tottenham||0 – 1||Roma|
|Rangers||1 – 2||Tottenham|
|Tottenham||1 – 1||Sevilla|
|Norwich||0 – 5||Tottenham|
- Chelsea have played Tottenham 163 times, winning 77 of those matches, more than Spurs have won (55).
- In the last seven games Chelsea have played against Tottenham they have not lost any of those games. During this period, they have let in only one goal. Chelsea have a good record against Spurs, including the latest match between the two teams.
- Spurs have beaten Chelsea only once in their last 37 games at Stamford Bridge in all competitions.
- Chelsea are facing Tottenham in their first home league game of the season for the first time since the 1958-59 season when they played against each other then, with Chelsea winning 4-2.
- Chelsea and Arsenal have each won 100 London derbies in the Premier League. Tottenham have won 99 of those games, and could become the third team to reach the 100-win mark with a win in this match.
- Chelsea have lost two of their last three London rival games at Stamford Bridge, as many as they had lost in the previous 17 home games.
Chelsea vs Tottenham prediction
Here are what we think are likely to happen in this fixture:
- BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE – YES @ 1.79
- CHELSEA TO WIN/DRAW @ 1.36
- OVER 2.5 GOALS @ 1.97