Real Madrid are looking to sustain their winning start to the 2022-23 La Liga campaign when they travel to Celta Vigo on Saturday night.
The Los Blancos began their title defence with a 2–1 victory over newly promoted Almería. It was not a convincing victory for Madrid last time out, but it was enough. As they found a way to take all three points.
Meanwhile, Celta started the season with an interesting 2–2 draw at home against Espanyol. By conceding a penalty in stoppage time ensured a 2-2 draw instead of an opening weekend win over Espanyol.
This will feel like a familiar match for Celta Vigo as Madrid are expected to play with a similar formation as Espanyol, so tactically they won’t have to adjust their playing plan as much in defence.
If the Los Blancos do not rise to the occasion this time around, they could be in for the shock of their new season.
Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid Head-to-Head
|Celta Vigo||1 – 2||Real Madrid|
|Real Madrid||5 – 2||Celta Vigo|
|Celta Vigo||1 – 3||Real Madrid|
|Real Madrid||2 – 0||Celta Vigo|
|Real Madrid||2 – 2||Celta Vigo|
Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid form guide
Celta Vigo’s last 5 games – LDDLD
|Celta Vigo||2 – 2||Espanyol|
|Braga||2 – 1||Celta Vigo|
|San Jose Earthquakes||1 – 1||Celta Vigo|
|Unam Pumas||1 – 1||Celta Vigo|
|Valencia||2 – 0||Celta Vigo|
Real Madrid’s last 5 games – WDWWW
|Almeria||1 – 2||Real Madrid|
|Real Madrid||2 – 0||Eintracht Frankfurt|
|Real Madrid||2 – 0||Juventus|
|Real Madrid||2 – 2||Club America|
|Liverpool||0 – 1||Real Madrid|
- Celta Vigo has scored 5 goals and conceded 8 goals in their last 5 matches
- 2 out of Celta Vigo’s last 5 games ended with Over 2.5 Goals
- 4 of Celta Vigo’s last 5 games Both Teams Scored
- Real Madrid has scored 9 goals and conceded 3 in their last 5 matches
- 2 out of Real Madrid’s last 5 games ended with Over 2.5 Goals
- 2 out of 5 Real Madrid’s last 5 games Both Teams Scored.
Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid prediction
It is safe to say that this game is a walkover for Real Madrid, but we cannot take away the fact that whenever these teams meet home or away they are both likely to score.
- REAL MADRID TO WIN [email protected]
- OVER 2.5 – @1.71
- BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE – @1.71